Evening Reception and Discussion: Germany's Role in Global Health - A Multisectoral Perspective
The event consists of two parts, a panel discussion on Global Health followed by a get-together.
GHA Evening Reception on the topic:
- Germany's Role in Global Health - A Multisectoral Perspective. How can health systems be strengthened globally?
- The contribution of industry, academia, civil society and politics.
Germany is home to many large and small companies in the health sector that have been involved internationally for many decades. In recent years, Germany's engagement in Global Health has also expanded considerably. Germany and Berlin are becoming a centre for Global Health. For the first time in 16 years, there are significant political changes in Germany. What are the perspectives for Germany's engagement in Global Health?
We are very pleased to welcome:
- Prof. Dr. Dr. h. c. Ilona Kickbusch, Founding Director and Chair, Global Health Centre, Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies, Geneva
- Prof. Dr. Andrew Ullmann MdB, Member of German Bundestag
- Caroline Schmutte, Head of European Government Relations, Wellcome Trust, Co-Chair of the Steering Committee, Global Health Hub Germany, Chairwoman of the Board, Save the Children
- Dr. Chikwe Ihekweazu, Head WHO Hub for Pandemic and Epidemic Intelligence
- Prof. Dr. Detlev Ganten, Founding President, World Health Summit
Co-Founder & Member of the Board of Trustees, Virchow Foundation for Global Health
German Health Alliance